About the job
You will also be responsible for any front end work needed on athemes.com (re-designs etc).
This will initially be a part time position as and when we have work, but hopefully over time it will grow. We want you to become part of the team, and will include you as much as we can in what we do.
This is a remote position, meaning you can work from anywhere in the world.
aThemes (athemes.com) is a growing WordPress theme shop best known for our Sydney theme which is one of the most popular free themes on WordPress.org. We now have a collection of 7 premium and 19 free themes. There are a team of 7 people behind aThemes, including me (Charlie).
Skills & Requirements
- A minimum of 1 year of experience with front end development
- Experience with PSD to HTML conversions
- Experience with cross browser compatibility
- Experience with mobile/responsive design
- Familiarity with Bootstrap (latest version)
- Strong attention to detail. Your code will be used by thousands of people
- Good English
Nice to have
- Familiarity with WordPress and WordPress theme development
- Extensive jQuery
- Extensive PHP experience
- Experience in developing WordPress themes and/or plugins
- Knowledge of advanced front end optimisation techniques
If you’d like to join our team as a front end developer then email me on charlie[at]athemes.com with your resume and portfolio, and tell me how your knowledge and experience will help us grow together. Also please let me know your salary (hourly rate) expectations.