Lede is looking for an individual who is passionate about helping people work together effectively and creating tools and processes that empower others. We are seeking candidates with experience using Scrum and agile methodologies, preferably in the context of building a product, to guide our team members and publisher partners through platform onboarding, launch, and beyond.
As the leader of our agile process, you will be responsible for driving Lede’s effectiveness by increasing the velocity of value delivery. You will be expected to inherit and iterate upon core Scrum principles, working with the entire team to ensure that they are adhering to them. You’re expected to keep track of everything happening at Lede since no detail is too small — so be sure to include “Welcome to the world of tomorrow!” in your cover letter to be considered. In addition, we expect you’ll leverage the Scrum framework to improve team communication around impediments and risk by fostering a culture of respect and transparency. Collaboration will be critical, and so will working independently to create and implement new systems and processes as required by Lede.
While you will function primarily as Lede’s Scrum Master, we also expect you’ll be enthusiastic about stretching your skillset (your T-Shape) and supporting Lede in other capacities according to our needs and your interests and experience. This might include hiring, documentation, product development, quality assurance, workshop planning, and administrative duties. This is a fun, fast-paced and, at times, intense environment where the ability to prioritize and contribute outside your core skillset is essential.
Lede is part of the Alley Group. Our businesses are aligned to power the future of media, communications, and digital productivity through expert product development and consulting. At Lede, you’ll have the opportunities and growth potential of a startup paired with the maturity and stability of a veteran technology company.
The Alley Group is an equal opportunity employer and we seek to increase diversity in the tech industry. We encourage applications from women, Black people, indigenous people, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people, disabled people, and other communities traditionally underrepresented in this field.
For information on our hiring process, please check out our FAQ. If you have any questions about our hiring process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Required Skills and Experience:
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Quick and creative problem-solving
* Superior attention to detail.
* Ability to effectively work remotely.
* Service-oriented with an ability to proactively manage expectations.
* Ability to communicate clearly and effectively via tools such as Zoom, Slack, Google Apps, and Jira.
* Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
* Able to rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities.
* Experience working with agile methodologies, particularly Scrum, and the values (commitment, courage, focus, openness and respect) that make it a successful project management approach.
* Familiarity with project management/issue tracking systems such as Jira and communication tools such as Basecamp.
Desired Skills and Experience:
* Prior experience leading an Agile process on a team.
* Scrum Master certification. If you are CSM certified, include in your cover letter the company that conducted your scrum training and which certifying body your certification is from.
* Experience working in a product-based organization.
* Be Lede’s first Scrum Master and establish its agile practice.
* Foster a culture of respect and transparency.
* Facilitate team communication around impediments and risk.
* Own the raising and resolution of team impediments, blockers, and concerns.
* Continuously improve the team’s implementation of Agile and Scrum.
* Guide the team through Scrum rituals — sprint planning, backlog refinement, retrospective, demo, and the daily standup.
* Understand and manage publisher expectations throughout the life of an engagement while maintaining transparency of progress for both internal and external stakeholders.
* Serve as the first point of contact for support tickets.
* Effectively and efficiently engage with platform publishers.
* Schedule, collaborate, plan, and facilitate meetings with publishers and/or stakeholders.
* Digest large amounts of information from meetings and translate/condense into “actionable items” and/or reference materials for team members.
* Create and implement new systems and processes to meet the needs of the team and the company.
* Support Lede as needed by helping with hiring, documentation, product development, quality assurance, workshop planning, and administrative duties.
We offer competitive salaries and company subsidized medical, dental and vision benefits. We also offer a 401(k) with company matching and a monthly lunch allowance.
We have no set hours and do not limit vacation or sick time. We trust our team members to get their work done and take the time off they need to recharge, and we suggest an average of three weeks off per year.
We are a fully distributed company, meaning we don’t have a set work location. Team members can choose to work from home or from a co-working space. We’ll furnish your home office or rent you a co-working space.
Recruiters: Please do NOT contact us about this job. All hiring duties for Lede are carried out by our staff.