TL;DR: Contract position for $3,334 per month, 35 hours per week. Performance bonuses available. Application link at the bottom. WordPress knowledge a must. TLDRs are great, but do make sure to read the whole listing!
GravityView makes WordPress plugins that integrate with Gravity Forms, the best form plugin for WordPress. Our mission is to improve customers’ lives with our software by saving them time, enhancing their online presence, and providing a positive experience of our products.
GravityView is a small team of four people. We work remotely. We have a few meetings a month, but other than that, we interact via Slack and Zoom from our locations in the United States, Brazil, Canada, and Italy.
GravityView prides ourselves on supporting women, equality, and justice. We sponsor Girls Who Code, Women in WP, Equal Justice Initiative, and other non-profits that make the world a fairer place. We created a diversity grant program in recognition of the extra challenges certain groups face in succeeding in the technology field. We are commited to diversity and inclusivity in the WordPress community. No matter who you are or where you come from, we encourage you to apply to this position.
Learn about our values at https://gravityview.co/our-values/
We want you as our content creator ??
- Do you have WordPress experience?
- Do you create great content?
- Are you reliable?
- Do you enjoy (or think you’d like) working remotely?
Your job: Plan, create, and organize great content. This content will help our customers find, understand, and use our software.
The content you create for GravityView should be easy to read or watch, accessible, relaxed (but professional), and have a dash of whimsy! ? It should be error-free, follow our style guide, and reflect the values of the company.
You will be asked to:
- Write and self-edit blog posts, documentation, newsletters, onboarding emails, sales emails, tutorials, case studies, scripts for videos, Facebook posts, and tweets.
- Develop and maintain a content calendar.
- Create and edit supporting images for content: featured images, social images, screenshots of product in use.
- Other content creation-related tasks.
The ideal candidate:
- Writes copy that drives outcomes
- Translates technical software features into benefits
- Uses keyword research to plan potential content
- Demonstrates experience creating a content plan and calendar
- Thrives on expanding one good idea into a series of ideas
- Prides themselves on the quality of their work, not only the quantity
- Implements SEO-friendly copywriting practices
- Pays atention to detail 😉
- Crafts clear, understandable content
- Is skilled at creating images associated with content, such as featured images and feature screenshots
- Explains complex concepts clearly
- Understands why and for whom they’re creating a piece of content
- Communicates clearly and proactively
- Is fluent in creating layouts using the WordPress block editor (“Gutenberg”)
- Has a portfolio of written content demonstrating their skills
The exceptional candidate also has experience:
- Writing technical documentation
- Managing social media profiles
- Writing basic HTML
- Customizing content using CSS
- Writing WordPress hooks with PHP
- Creating, editing, and publishing video content
- Developing courses using LMS software
- Creating graphics in Photoshop, Illustrator, or similar program
GravityView headquarters are in Massachusetts, USA. That means we run on Eastern Time ET (UTC -5) from 9–5pm. It’s important to have some overlap with your schedule.
- $3,334 per month, plus bonuses based on content performance
- 35-hour/week contract
- 18 days off, first year. Two additional days per year
- Sick/mental health days with COVID flexibility
Be sure to apply if you’re interested in the position even if you don’t match all the items in the bullet lists!