Valdez Team at Ringler, a San Diego-based structured settlement planning company, seeks an entry-level WordPress developer/designer for a full-time month-long web development project. We are a small team with big goals looking to expand our business through digital marketing. If project goes well, we have a second website to follow along with a few more ad hoc projects.
We are looking for someone who is more of a partner than a freelancer and can help us create an engaging digital environment for our clients and help us boost our overall online presence. We are looking for a full revamp so we excited to see what the ideal candidate can do with it.
Preferably, we’d like to see a portfolio along with a cover letter and resume but it’s not a deal breaker.
• Develop and maintain complex WordPress-based applications
• Design, build and manage website both front-end and back-end including database and server integration.
• Create website architecture to generate new features and plugins, custom functionality, and custom themes.
• Conduct website performance tests and troubleshoot content issues.
• Monitor the performance of the live website.
• Make sure that the UX/UI of website is optimized for ease of use across all browsers/devices
• Web Developer would report directly to our Digital Marketing Manager and be involved in projects with our Business Development Manager and CEO.
• Expert as a WordPress Developer.
• Skilled at crafting modern PHP architectures.
• Knowledge of code versioning tools including Git, Mercurial, and SVN.
• Experience working with debugging tools such as Chrome Inspector and Firebug.
• Good understanding of website architecture and aesthetics.
• Although the position is mostly remote, we would prefer someone in the San Diego area.
• Creating searchable video libraries with multiple metadata tags
• Customer support from ChatBot integration
• Bilingual websites
• Form Building