We are a London-based web development studio, with a focus on WordPress development in particular – though we are increasingly doing more and more Shopify builds as well.
We have done the classic Upwork/TopTal thing until recently, and found a couple of gems amongst the endles, endless dross. One of said gems is a digital nomad working out in Thailand and we are having a great experience with him. So we are looking for further freelance/contract developers to help us manage our workload.
You can see our past work here: https://lattimoreandfriends.com/ Our set-up is 4 of us in London acting as accounts and project management, and then we work with freelancers remotely. Lattimore and Friends is run by Ben Lattimore, a former freelance WordPress developer himself who started his own studio in 2018.
What is important to us
- You’ll see from our work that we specialise in high-end front-end work so we need all our devs to be extremely detail-focused on the front-end, and have a passion for design, animation, etc
- We are doing more and more work in Gutenberg so either some experience in, or a willingness to learn it, is vital
- That you are a person! We only work with individual freelancers (occassionally FE and BE teams, very occasionally), never small agencies or studios; it just makes the supply chain way too long
So far we are weathering the Covid-19 storm pretty well and have a lot of work coming down the pipeline. All of our developers are freelancers/contractors and for the ones that want it, we regularly give them 40-50 hours of work a week – however we do have a few “part-time” freelancers on the books who only want 10-20 hours per week. All is fine by us!
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, do send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
– Portfolio – Especially examples of high-end front-end work and/or Gutenberg projects
– Code examples (GitHub, etc)
– Hourly rate
– Usual working hours and availability (we work with clients in LA, and have had staff working remotely in New Zealand, so we can make most timezones work)
Once we have shortlisted some applicants, we will offer them a small paid trial project.