We have an extremely exciting opportunity for a WordPress developer to join an exceptional multi-award winning digital agency based in Ipswich, Suffolk. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a leading player in digital marketing who specialise in digital strategy, website design & development and digital campaigns (SEO, PPC, social media and email marketing). We are a rapidly expanding company who have solid foundations and an innovative approach to business.
Responsibilities and duties
As a WordPress Developer, you will need to be a creative, dynamic and self-starting developer who is ready to lead the development across all platforms and digital products and deliver the strategic technology direction of existing and new websites.You would hold responsibility for:
- Leading the development and enhancement of new and existing websites
- Developing new features and functionality for websites
- Ensuring our clients’ websites are well structured and organised
- Developing, testing and implementing new functionality
- Day-to-day source code maintenance
- Building a better user experience for website visitors. Including curation and personalisation of content relating to user profiles
- Ensuring adequate responsive design, user experience, and coding standards are in place
- Always be looking for ways to drive more traffic, engagement and conversions
- Working with the digital team to contribute development work towards the future direction of our clients’ digital strategies.
- Experience with the WordPress CMS
- Working knowledge of MySQL / phpMyAdmin
- Preferred knowledge of Trellis, Bedrock and Sage
- Can demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit and self-starting attitude
- Ability to work well in a multi-disciplinary team with mixed levels of technical knowledge
- Can manage own time and workload with minimal supervision
- Can explain technical information in an accessible way
- Can demonstrate troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
Great countryside working environment in an open-plan converted barn, with excellent transport links to the A12 & A14 and plenty of parking
The chance to work with a fast-growing agile agency with a fun but hardworking team
Company nights out – mainly involving food – in London & Suffolk
A progressive leadership team that encourages new ideas and career development
Team building charity fundraising days, often involving a bit of physical activity!
Private healthcare & company pension
25 days annual leave + bank holidays
PLEASE NOTE: We are recruiting for this role in-house and, as such, will not welcome unsolicited approaches from recruitment agencies. You must be eligible to live & work in the UK – there is no visa sponsorship available.