Online Optimism’s website development department is growing! We are looking for a passionate, hard-working individual to join the other two members of our web development/design team to help build outstanding websites for clients of all shapes, sizes, and industries. If you’re looking for a place to grow where your work (and yourself) will be appreciated and rewarded, you’ll find a home at Online Optimism.
– Assisting in building websites from blank slate to finished, live product.
– Working primarily within WordPress, in addition to other platforms from time to time (Shopify, OmniUpdate, Squarespace, Wix)
– Making style edits to websites based on internal or client feedback
– Living and breathing code
– Reporting to our Design Director
– Supporting our clients with ongoing maintenance and developmental changes.
– Working with our search, content, digital advertising and social team to ensure UX best practices are being followed.
– Growing your skills as you build a career here, toward eventually leading projects from client onboarding to website launch.
– Previous development experience, preferably in a professional environment (but we’ll accept self-taught with exceptional portfolios.)
– Portfolio of web development work.
– Experience with HTML, CSS3, PHP, JS/jQuery
– Significant attention to detail, and ability to follow best practices per our agency.
– Passion for coding, as well as intense desire to grow personally in this position as a career.
– Ability to work as a member of a team and autonomously as needed.
– Significant experience building WordPress websites, custom themes, and plugins
– Bachelor’s degree with a degree in computer science, engineering, web development, or a related field.
– 1-3 years of previous web development experience.
– Experience working with Git
– Experience with DNS setup and management
– Experience with accessible web development
– Google Analytics Certification, and experience with Google Tag Manager Implementation
– Annual salary paid weekly.
– 28 paid days off per year: 15 days paid vacation + 13 holidays, including Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Christmas Eve, Mardi Gras, Lundi Gras, and recovery-from-Muses-Friday.
– Unlimited sick time.
– 3 levels of Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Insurance for employees and dependents, 50% covered by Online Optimism—no matter which plan you choose.
– Blue Cross Blue Shield Dental Insurance for you and dependents, 50% covered by Online Optimism.
– Vision and Life Insurance, 100% covered by Online Optimism.
– Summer Fridays (which at our agency are 4 extra half-days you get over the Summer).
– Simple IRA retirement plan, with 3% matching from Online Optimism.
– Casual dress code.
– Dog-friendly office space.
– Free Friday lunches at local restaurants with the team.
– Endless office snacks. We’re not just talking about fun-size candy bars, either. Kombucha, lox, Red Bull, Clif Bars, organic fruit freezer pops, guacamole, cold brew on-tap…if it’s available at Costco, we’ll get it for you.
– All employees are eligible for commissions on referrals.
– Top-of-the-line computers to work on (in addition to our $30K annual software spend). We’ll get you the tech you need – to do your job well.
– Flexible work hours: 8-4, 9-5, or 10-6.
– We cover the cost of any networking groups or events related to your career, or skills that you want to work on.
– A half-day on your birthday, as long as you wear a birthday hat. Tiaras are allowed.
– Lack of non-compete.