Agency // Web.com is seeking an experienced Development Manager to join our full-service digital agency. As part of Web.com’s premier online marketing group, this rockstar WordPress developer and technical leader will guide a team of talented developers in delivering custom WordPress solutions. You’ll work with top talent, collaborating on high-profile custom website, application, and digital marketing projects for some of the world’s most noteworthy brands.
In conjunction with our in-house development and contractor teams, the Development Manager will collaborate with the Creative Director and Project Management team to define, design, and develop cutting-edge websites for our clients. The Development Manager should understand the latest industry-standard tools, WordPress architecture, and UX fundamentals, and will strive to instill and reinforce best practices across the team. Responsibilities will consist of programming, implementing, and integrating related components, including front-end initiatives, server-side development, and database integration. Further, the Development Manager will lead the creation of highly-customized WordPress templates and plugins, as well 3rd party plugin evaluation and implementation. Other areas of responsibility will include ensuring the accuracy of online advertising/marketing attribution, ongoing maintenance of content management system environments, and website security (including administration, maintenance, and technical support of custom websites.)
The ideal candidate is a go-getter, a practitioner, and a natural leader. Enthusiastic and knowledgeable about web technology, he or she should be comfortable working alongside the team and delegating tasks as necessary. The Development Manager will push the boundaries of our capabilities while remaining steadfastly focused on delivering projects in scope, on time, and on budget.
If you possess this experience, can excel in a code test and review, and are also comfortable dropping fancy technology buzzwords in front of clients, you are THE technical leader we’re seeking.
Web.com offers competitive salary and benefits, a great work environment, long-term growth, and more.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Possess expert level WordPress experience; maintain best-in-class development and technical design principals
• Support highest-quality standards for coding and workflow; lead code reviews to ensure adherence
• Drive production best practices; actively mentoring team to deliver within scope, on time, and on budget
• Drive growth and influence project success by supporting Sales and Solutions teams in formalizing project requirements, scope, and deliverables; understand and guide project architecture and milestone definition
• Collaborate with key stakeholders in project planning, updates, and scrums
• Collaborate with QA team to maintain quality guidelines for browser and device support, uphold design fidelity standards, functionality testing, and website performance
• Closely oversee performance of critical tasks including live site migrations, site maintenance and emergency fixes
Required Technical Skills & Experience
• Post-Secondary Education, preferably in a technical field
• 3+ years of WordPress Experience including experience building WP Plugins & Themes
• Proficiency with the WordPress Coding Standards, approaches and common APIs
• 5+ years web application development experience
• 5+ years PHP
• A good understanding of REST best practices
• Server management experience with tools and processes such as cPanel, PHPMyAdmin, DNS, and Cron Jobs; understanding bash scripting is a bonus
• Experience with Git/SVN and other version control systems
• Proficiency in HTML/CSS/XML. Experience with an understanding of modern responsive web standards required (HTML5, mobile web).
• Experience with frameworks such as Angular, Vue.js, or React, is a bonus
• Understanding of agile methodologies & principles (scrum, kanban, etc.)
Client Services Experience
• Excellent communication skills and well organized with strong follow-through; experience working directly with customers to meet business objectives
• Ability to effectively translate business requirements into features and functional outputs
Location: Jacksonville, FL
About Agency // web.com:
Web.com has spent the last 20 years helping businesses succeed online. At Agency // Web.com, we start with that core mission and engage with clients who have unique challenges. Our creative team and strategic marketing consultants develop tailored solutions for each client. We are a different full-service marketing agency in that we believe a hands-on, high touch approach is what will bring success, so we have our experts engaged end to end. Finally, holding true to Web.com, we are driven by results. It is our objective to address business needs with digital marketing solutions that are measurable.
Visit our website: Agency.web.com for more information about us.