Atomic Smash is a growing technology company based right next to Temple Meads. We are currently specialising in using modern open source technology (WordPress and WooCommerce) to deliver online solutions for a range of clients, from International Art Galleries to Trampoline Parks. Our focus is to help our clients achieve their goals online.
Key job facts:
- We are looking for a PHP developer to join our team to work on a series of enterprise level WordPress / WooCommerce Projects
- 2+ years commercial experience
- Based in our Bristol office – no remote applications (they will be ignored)
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for someone to join our company who shares our passion for all things digital and is well experienced in PHP, and ideally has some backend WordPress and WooCommerce development.
We are very technically minded as a studio and there is a total crossover between design and development. We really understand the web design process from start to finish, while also recognising that projects are never really ‘complete’. There will always be room for iterations and improvements.
There are lots of exciting projects running through the studio from both the creative and the technical aspect. We are looking for someone who clearly loves developing and is always looking for the next piece of technology to dabble with.
The successful candidate will see themselves working very closely with clients to provide continuous delivery solutions for a small number of enterprise standard WordPress platforms which have complex integrations with external services. You will be part of a 5 strong development team and will have a group of knowledgeable team members to learn from and share ideas with.
Day-to-day at Atomic Smash
As well as working on WordPress sites there is also scope for learning new technologies and expanding your skillset further. We want our team members to be constantly learning and therefore we always have internal projects which push our skills. We are also always on the lookout for conferences/talks for team members to attend.
We are always looking at ways to diversify our team and understand the benefits of having a more diverse workplace. We are currently talking to Knowle West Media Centre about how we could help young people with less traditional educational backgrounds get into the technology industry through work experience or placement opportunities.
- 3+ years commercial experience delivering PHP based projects for the web.
- Very good communication skills and ability to explain complicated processes in simple terms
- Ability to self manage time and priorities
- In-depth provable knowledge of PHP / object orientated programming
- You must be able to talk about a minimum of 2 commercial projects
- An understanding of OOP
- An understanding of MVC techniques
- Good knowledge of GIT
- Understanding of web security
- Understanding of LEMP administration
- Experience of using Laravel or equivalent PHP framework
Salary £28 – 35K+ (depending on experience)
28 days holiday a year (including Bank Holidays)
Extra time off at Christmas – an additional 2 weeks off when the office is closed for Christmas
Dedicated learning time and budget
An opportunity to develop new workflows and processes
Based in a central office right near Temple Meads
Very friendly office culture and an open plan office with natural light
Secure bike parking and showers
Free fruit, great quality coffee/tea are provided
Workplace pension as expected
Candidates must be able to easily commute to our Bristol office. We are not currently accepting remote positions.