UpdraftPlus is the world’s most popular WordPress plugin used to back up over 3 million websites around the world, including for companies like Microsoft, P&G and the NBA. It’s growing fast as every WordPress site needs a backup and we’re the most popular WordPress backup plugin.
We’ve also acquired WP-Optimize (a plugin which makes WordPress sites go faster) and All-in-One Security (WordPress security plugin), which are well-loved plugins both used by over a million websites each.
So we hope to become the dominant solution in backups, performance and security – three of the essential things needed on all WordPress sites.
There’s lots of exciting developments coming up, and it’s a very good time to join the team for such a vast ongoing project.
To help us continue to grow our plugins, we’re in search of product managers to lead product strategy for one of our three main plugins / products.
As an ideal candidate, you will have a keen eye for gaps in the plugin offerings and the innovative and entrepreneurial mindset to fill them.
You will already have experience working with cross-functional teams in the successful creation and/or improvement of products that improve consumer experience and grow market share.
Day to day responsibilities:
– Improving cross-selling and up-selling to maximise the number of people upgrading from free trials to paid (conversion rate optimisation). Basically this means improving the website, and measuring how this increases the revenues for example through analytics and AB testing.
– Work to improve customer retention and reduce churn by working with the development team to improve the product feature set
– Keeping the website and communication materials up to date with new pages for new features and services
– Working with the developers on notices and and upgrade offers within the free plugin itself, to increase the percentage of people upgrading
– Partnerships & affiliate management. Contacting other plugins, themes or major publishing sites to strike mutually beneficial partnerships
– Working with marketing partners, developers, copy writers, designers, video editors and other expert professionals
– Monitoring the success of all of this and writing up reports
Objectives of this Role
– Drive the product business-planning process
– Analyse user needs, current market trends, and potential partnerships from an ROI and perspective
– Assess current competitor offerings, seeking opportunities for differentiation
– Analyse product requirements e.g. by appraising new product and feature ideas from users, and translating this into detailed requirements for features
– Project management of software development, i.e. working with the lead developer to implement, and maintain development priorities
– Drive the execution of all processes for products, including product research, market research, competitive analysis, planning, positioning, roadmap development, requirements development, and new feature launch
– Create product strategy documents that describe business cases, high-level use cases, technical requirements
– Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates the plugin and its features
Skills and Qualifications
– Experience in a relevant role, such as overseeing product management or development
– Highly effective cross-functional team working
– Exceptional writing and editing skills
Preferred Skills / Qualifications
– Previous experience working with software products (and ideally experience of working with WordPress)
– Proven experience working as a product manager
– Demonstrable knowledge in online marketing
Pay / holiday / location / benefits
£25k to £50k depending on experience
Flexible working (part time) considered for good applicants.
Location: fully remote, but company offices are in Caerphilly, Wales
Benefits: Pension, Generous holiday
Job Type: Part-time
Work from home
Monday to Friday
Product management: 1 year (preferred)