This role combines website requirements documentation, WordPress demonstrations during sales and discovery phases of work, and training in WordPress’ visual block editor, Gutenberg.
Websites have two broad user groups — those who consume content and those who produce it. We are looking for a Senior Editorial Strategist to champion and support hardworking content producers—our clients.
The Senior Editorial Strategist helps us to better understand how our clients manage and publish their content. They identify ways to make editorial workflows more efficient and intuitive for writers and editors and then work with our developers to customize aspects of the WordPress CMS.
Prior to and after the launch of a website, the Senior Editorial Strategist conducts WordPress trainings, so our clients can become confident users of their new CMS.
In addition to these project responsibilities, the Editorial Projects Specialist supports internal initiatives such as ongoing staff training in WordPress’ new capabilities. They also support our sales process by demoing WordPress’ capabilities.
Alley is an equal opportunity employer and we seek to increase diversity in the tech industry. We encourage applications from women, Black people, indigenous people, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people, disabled people, and other communities traditionally underrepresented in this field. Read our DEI pledge to learn more about how Alley values diversity, equity and inclusion.
For information on our hiring process and what it’s like to work at Alley, please check out our FAQ. If you have any questions about our hiring process, please contact us at email@example.com.
* Lead editorial workflow discovery sessions
* Consult with Alley’s designers, developers, and product managers to represent the content workflow needs of Alley’s clients
* Conduct WordPress trainings for Alley clients and team members
* Create training materials and detailed CMS documentation
* Work with Alley’s leadership to develop new processes and refine services in this area of our work
* You are an expert user of WordPress
* You have planned and led trainings, workshops, or other similar meetings for groups
* You effectively balance multiple, simultaneous client projects
* You work collaboratively and cross-functionally with software engineers, designers, and other team members
* You are a skilled written and verbal communicator
* You are an engaging presenter, who can translate technical information to non-technical users
Bonus Points if
* You have experience working with editorial or publishing teams, such as newsrooms or other high-volume content publishers
* You have experience working with a digital services agency
* Competitive salaries – We recognize several levels of career progression for Editorial Project Specialists and tie compensation to those levels corresponding to seniority and experience. We are currently searching for a mid-level specialist with a salary band starting at $85k. If you consider yourself to be at a higher level, we still encourage you to apply and can discuss additional opportunities with you!
* Medical, dental, and vision benefits
* 401(k) with company matching
* Profit sharing
* Monthly lunch allowance
* Flexible time off policy
* Remote-first – We are a fully distributed company, meaning we don’t have a set work location. Team members can choose to work from home or from a coworking space. We’ll furnish your home office or rent you a coworking space.
Attention recruiters: Please do NOT contact us about this job. All hiring duties at Alley are carried out by our staff.