pykih is a 5+ year old information design agency. We design and build purpose-designed interfaces on top of data and content to facilitate understanding of complex topics, make people better at what they do, and solve relevant problems. Our software has been used by 70+ brands from across 7 countries. These include Microsoft, FirstPost, UNDP, Oxfam India, NarendraModi, ICICI Lombard, Fusion Charts, etc.
We hire young, hungry talent and transform them into highly focused, multi-disciplinary creators who can problem solve using design, data and algorithms. Typically after 2-3 years at pykih, our ex-employees see 1.5x-8x financial growth in their subsequent jobs, join leading companies like Fractal Analytics, Embibe, Wikimedia Foundation, found their own company and one even got into Yale’s MBA program (Ivy League School).
From March 2017 until August 2018, we were implementing a product discovery contract for ICFJ.org (Washington DC-based International Centre for Journalists). The product discovered eventually got hived off as an independent company — PROTO and our co-founder and a majority of our team moved to PROTO. We are now restarting pykih ground up from Delhi as a women-first (50%+ female workforce) technology, design, and content studio.
We’re looking for expert WordPress developer to join our backend development team.
What we expect from you
You must have:
* In-depth understanding of WordPress core, including actions, filters, hooks, custom post types, taxonomies, custom content type.
* Hands-on experience in developing custom WP themes and plugins at scale.
* Solid understanding of databases, PHPMyAdmin and hosting.
* Knowledge in WordPress security and optimization
* Strong critical thinking skills — i.e. you demonstrate the ability to deconstruct a problem into its base components and figure out the most effective way to solve it.
What you will do
* Customize and modify existing WordPress themes and plugins based on the use case
* Write efficient, robust and reusable code while adhering to WordPress coding standards.
* Perform site migration from different CMS to WordPress
* Implement SEO principles relevant to website development
* Test, debug and deploy WP sites in staging and production environment
* Prior experience working with web development agency
* Female candidate
Experience — 3 to 5 years
Compensation — 8L to 10L (INR)
Location — New Delhi, India