As a Senior WordPress Engineer you will work with product managers, other engineers, our marketing team, and other stakeholders to develop user-facing content and interfaces. You will be responsible for providing a great experience to users of the Boundless and RapidVisa platforms, ranging from casual users of our immigration resources, customers who use our services to complete their immigration journey, prospective employees, and other visitors.
You will be responsible for front-end WordPress development, including updating existing pages and interfaces, implementing new pages and features, light design work, assisting with content management, and maintaining our WordPress instances.
During your first month in this role, you will:
– Learn about our customers and business. You will work closely with product managers and business stakeholders to learn about our business and growth plans and how we serve our customers.
– Learn by doing and complete your first assignment. Upon your start you will get to know the Boundless and RapidVisa WordPress code bases by studying the code and working with engineers. You will work with engineers, designers, and marketers to thoroughly understand our WordPress instances and the tools we use for experimentation and analytics. — You will work side-by-side with engineers to learn about what we do and how we do it, and begin to take on your own projects.
– Discover our process, practices, and career map. Throughout your first month you’ll learn about our practices and process; the way we plan our work, retrospectives, release infrastructure, etc. and you will work closely with your manager to learn about how we think about career development at Boundless.
Within three months, you will:
– Own and successfully execute your first significant assignments. You will contribute by completing multiple assignments, completing the life cycle from basic requirements, collaborating with product managers, designers, and other engineers, and implementing, testing, and deploying front-end software. Your assignments will range from simple bug fixes and updates to major new initiatives.
– Start to own maintenance and performance of our WordPress instances. You will utilize, create, and maintain themes and plugins. You will work with the engineering and marketing teams to ensure that our pages are SEO and performance optimized. You will own performance monitoring and make corrections to ensure peak performance. You will own regression testing to ensure functionality and link-integrity. You will ensure proper usage and maintenance of A/B testing tools.
– Work to make Marketing team self-sufficient. You will create templates and tooling to allow our marketing team to maintain and update existing pages without engineering assistance.
– Set personal development goals. You will work with your manager to come up with concrete personal development goals and a plan to reach them.
Within a year, you will:
– Be a very strong contributor of WordPress development work for both the Boundless and RapidVisa platforms. Within your first year, you will be a go-to person for completing front-end development work to improve and add new features or to spin up new initiatives.
– Master the Boundless and RapidVisa front-end tech stacks. You will master the WordPress side of the Boundless and RapidVisa tech stacks, with a focus on the marketing areas and WordPress being the central component.
– Contribute to front-end development on Boundless applications.
– Be a leader in evolving our software-development tooling and process ongoing. As a senior contributor and technical leader, you will lead in refining our development process and utilizing tooling to maximize our team’s effectiveness.
– Demonstrated high proficiency and experience with front-end web development using WordPress
– Experience with code versioning tools such as Git, Mercurial, or SVN
– Experience with SEO, particularly understanding how WordPress design and performance affects Google searches
– Experience with rapid prototyping tools
– Experience with web analytics and telemetry (e.g., Google Analytics and Heap)
– Experience with A/B testing tools (e.g., VWO)
– Demonstrated design aptitude, able to work with designers to bring their work to life and able to extend existing designs
– Self-motivated and able to work under minimal supervision
– Ability to flex hours to collaborate often with our team in the Philippines
– Good communication skills
– Adaptable to changing requirements as the US immigration landscape changes