It’s fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they’re doing!
We’re committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
What’s cool about this job
As a Web Developer in the Storefront and Digital division, you’ll build modern enterprise-grade systems that power a ground-breaking ecommerce and marketing platform. The Storefront development team provides the infrastructure for WP Engine’s public properties by empowering ecommerce, content management, systems integrations, and demand generation partners in the company. We also give back to the WordPress community by releasing our open-source products and contributing to WP Core.
The developer in this role will work with us launch ecommerce systems that support our four product lines and headless/multi-platform solutions delivering digital experiences that demonstrate the power of our platform and of WordPress. They will drive the evolution of our architecture and push the team to improve our workflows and processes.
The day to day
- Develop innovative plugins and features utilizing WP Engine’s platform.
- Code and style new frontend templates for our digital experiences.
- Provide the foundation and infrastructure of our sites using a diverse skillset across the frontend and backend.
- Integrate with APIs from other systems to ensure data consistency throughout the Marketing funnel.
- Explore new technologies and create new revenue streams for the company.
You’re a good fit for this position if you describe yourself like we do.
- We push the bounds of what’s possible with WordPress with every project.
- New, unknown, or complicated technical specifications excite us to find creative new ways to empower the end user.
- Years of experience working on projects where both needs and solutions are always in flux.
- Maintain the volume and velocity of work found in a fast-paced agency environment.
- We are active participants in team and departmental meetings.
- Minimum 5 years WordPress development experience
- Understanding of version control and the software development lifecycle
- Knowledge of web and WordPress security best-practices
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Creative problem solving
- Good written and verbal communication
- Experience developing React and Gutenberg applications
- Experience with Composer, NPM/Yarn, and Webpack
- Integration with APIs and OAuth
- Website design experience
- Search Engine Optimization knowledge (SEO)
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
The perks and benefits:
- Stock Options (Every employee is an owner in the company)
- Health Benefits (100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- Fertility Benefits (IVF/Fertility drug coverage)
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Paid Family and Caregiver’s Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Vacation Time (Who doesn’t like time off)
- One-time $500 Home Office Stipend
- Company Wellness Days
- Wellness Program