We are looking for a Technical Project Manager who will be responsible for increasing our team’s effectiveness by improving scalability and process efficiency.About usWe’re a friendly group of 20+ designers, developers, testers, and marketers having a great time building themes at Themeisle, sharing the best content at CodeinWP, and straight-up innovating with Optimole.Our missionMake it easy for anyone in the world to launch & grow their online presence, through education, high-quality products, and reliable support.On what you will be working on?You will be joining our Product Team on working with the development, QA, and product owners for Neve, Optimole, and few other smaller projects, for which you will:
- Facilitate and gather an estimation/effort level from the team for all tasks
- Making sure that the projects are properly resourced and running efficiently
- Raise project concerns to appropriate channels
- Establish and gather the most important KPIs for measuring the project’s velocity and team effectiveness.
- Communicate proactively with the development/QA and product owner to resolve any blockers for the tasks. Help the team to get the required resources.
- Successfully plan tasks to assigned project personnel ensuring alignment of deliverables with expected milestones.
- Show a good understanding of projects’ business goals and objectives.
- Scrum, Agile process understanding
- Learn something new every day.
In case you’re wondering about scale, our products are being used by around 1 million people, while content sites are read by half a million people every month.What kind of people are we looking for?
- Have good verbal and written English communication skills, ingenuity, fast and creative problem-solving, great attention to detail.
- Have a good WordPress technical understanding to manage projects successfully. We don’t expect you to run developer or technical analysis of the tasks. However, we do expect you to understand and evaluate them.
- Be able to keep track of everything happening on your team since no detail is too small, be sure to include “Get a little better every day” in your cover letter to be considered.
- Experience in managing remote teams, our team is distributed on 4 continents.
- Work asynchronously efficiently, daily meetings are fine, however, contacting team members on chat or asking them to jump on a call multiple times every day is not ok.
- Experience in working with GitHub, we use issues/projects to manage all the tasks.
- Comfortable in a small company as the first Project Manager inside the team.
- A remote contractor who can maintain an average minimum of 30 hours/week of billable work.
- Remote work – work from home or wherever you work best
- Be part of a diverse team – we’re 20+ people spread across four continents
- All expenses paid conference at your choice each year.
- All expenses paid trip to our annual retreat.
- Annual profit share.
You’ll get to work with a team of WordPress enthusiasts, programmers, designers, and even active bloggers and writers. We want you to be independent and pursue your personal projects, as long as you’re able to get your primary job done.This is a middle/senior-level role, with a typical pay range of USD $20 to $50 per hour for contractors depending on proven experience level and engagement terms.FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONSHow to apply?Use the form below and clearly state in a written or video form:
- Your experience working with managing teams and technical projects
- Tell us a bit about yourself and why you should be considered.
- Any profile links that might help us get to know you better (GitHub, GitLab, WordPress.org, your website, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc).
Please take your time to go through those and answer carefully. We don’t have a long interview process, nor any technical tests per se, we’ll need those answers and references to go through them and figure out your skills.Note: We won’t be able to individually respond to all applications. If you’re a match we’ll reach out.What’s the process like?Shortly after applying if you seem to be the right person, I would reach out to you for a 60’ meeting where I would like to learn more about what you are looking for, the work you’ve done before, and answer any questions you might have.If this goes well, we’ll propose you a 2-weeks part-time trial (of course, we’d pay you whatever you think is fair) to get a better understanding of how things would work, if this goes well, you’re hired. We hate wasting other people’s time, so we did our best to keep this as short & simple as possible.Are there any similar roles right now inside the company?No, we haven’t hired on this position before and you will be the first one to have this role. You will have the full freedom and our full support to implement your own vision and workflows required for this role.Who else works at VertiStudio?You can see all the current team members on our site https://vertistudio.com/team/ Also, a few people contract with us as well for design/engineering and content writing for part-time work.Where is the team located?Our team members are located in Romania, Portugal, Poland, Lithuania, Turkey, the Philippines, India, Brazil, Serbia, Greece, and Santa Lucia.Have you raised any money?No, we are a self-funded company and we are proud of it.