At Awana, we believe true change happens in the communities when children and youth are transformed through Biblical discipleship and in the presence of a caring adult. We believe that kids can come to know, love and serve Jesus, following Him for a lifetime. This is why, for almost 70 years, Awana has been working with leaders in local churches in the US and around the world, providing solutions that equip these women and men to make disciples in children and youth.
Today, God is using Awana to reach over 4 million kids in 122 countries around the world. With over 500,000 equipped leaders in 54,000 churches, Awana is able to play a vital role in global evangelism and discipleship of children and youth.
The Web Content Specialist provides the Awana ministry with a vigilant eye on our organization’s owned online presence with adherence to the Awana brand, corporate communications calendar, organizational strategic initiatives, and above all, the needs of our diverse group of partners/customers. The Web Content Specialist supports the organization’s web properties by collaborating with partner-focused, creative, and marketing teams to execute front-end page designs and curated content. The foundational goal of this role is to equip, inspire, delight and invite potential and current ministry partners and members by curating an authentic, relevant and easy-to-navigate online user experience. This role also works closely with the IT Team to steward the Content Management System and daily ensures that the needs of our internal clients, staff and the ever-evolving needs of our partners are met with quality content, design, and refined experiences online.
• Creates positive first impressions, online hospitality, relentless service to website visitors, attention to detail and innovation, and the mission of reaching children with the gospel by making Awana solutions and partnership engagements accessible and irresistible.
• Maintains and optimizes the Content Management System (CMS- WordPress) by: creating pages and posts, approving departmental drafts of pages and posts, and experiments with new CMS modules all per the corporate communications calendar and branding standards.
• Coordinates web content between multiple internal clients with often differing priorities to ensure that the organizational priorities of branding and style guide consistency and online partner/customer experiences are maintained.
• Acts as the ambassador between the business website needs and the IT team, assisting in the completion of IT tickets, Quality Assurance and user testing from a brand and content perspective, and participates in new page code launches as needed.
• Trains new CMS users, ensuring that they can navigate admin dashboards, create page drafts, and work autonomously in the CMS. Also manages potential vendor relationships as needed to optimize or enhance the existing CMS.
• Creates and implements online content, with A/B testing, enhances SEO, tracks google analytics, and aids in launching digital advertisements for marketing initiatives and digital community engagement for internal and external web platforms.
• Collaborates with the Creative Team as well as Marketing and Content teams to ensure that online content is created and optimized according to corporate writing styles and branding and design policies.
• Monitors and responds to an external web content feedback stream, makes corresponding site updates or edits, stays abreast of the latest technology tools and online content trends, and continually seeks online training and CMS innovations.
• Supports, upholds and demonstrates the Awana cultural values in internal and external communications and relationships.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) with a concentration in Marketing, Communications, Computer Science or similar from an accredited college or university.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in the areas of communications, digital marketing, or online content management.
• Strong web writing skills with an understanding of production (lifecycle) management, web analytics, and basic knowledge of HTML and content management software (WordPress).
• Familiarity with search engine marketing and organic search best practices; SEO experience including associated software.
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
• Familiarity with tools, resources and best practices associated with web content design and strategies.
• Familiarity with Awana Clubs or local-church ministry experience, including demonstrated program/product familiarity, a plus.
• Excellent skills including communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, team building, active listening, analytical, detail-orientation, organizational, problem-solving and project management.
• Ability to multi-task and be collaborative while meeting competing deadlines.
• Desire to engage in and serve the greater good of a team or mission.
• Aptitude for reinforcing policies and diffusing inter-departmental tension surrounding online content.
• Ability to take initiative, collaborate with colleagues, and execute tasks independently.
• Constantly pursues excellence and strives for creativity, innovation and learning
Must be a born-again Christian. Must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. Must be in agreement with the Awana Doctrinal Statement. Must be in fellowship with the body of Christ through a local church. Regularly engages in reading the Holy Bible as a guide and standard for living.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING CONDITIONS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job included close vision.