Contract (1099) – Part-Time 20 to 25 hours per week
Crazy Good Marketing (CGM) is a national, full service marketing agency. We deliver crazy good results with a twist.
CGM is not your traditional brick and mortar firm. We are a team of seasoned employees, free agents and trusted partners. Our approach allows us to bring together the right talent, seasoned in all the right ways, to quickly deliver on your specific marketing needs.
Experienced Web Developer with strong WordPress focus and skills. Prefer candidates who, in this order: 1) currently reside along the Colorado Front Range, 2) reside within Colorado or southern Wyoming, 3) reside elsewhere within the United States. NO offshore candidates or agencies will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. New website development, redesign, maintenance, and critical and time-sensitive repairs.
2. Work directly with customer / client liaison (email, phone, screen sharing, etc.) for delivery.
3. Document work on projects including documenting custom code.
4. Work with hosting services (setup and management), and potentially with other vendors involved in the overall web development process.
5. Respond to customers and team within defined service levels.
6. Effective management of time and ability to produce cost-effective delivery.
7. Work so as to accommodate business conducted in Mountain Time Zone, but not exclusively.
8. Demonstrate the value of work to the customer, and ensure the work provided is of value.
9. Manage projects and assignments on schedule, and within budget, and effectively manage influences and impacts to schedule and budget.
1. Current skills required of a full-stack WordPress web developer.
2. Maintain the currency of such required skills for the development of state of the art websites.
3. 5 + years of web development experience, and 3+ specific to WordPress. Knowledge of popular themes and plugins.
4. Ability to work server-side in support of WordPress.
5. Functional skill with CSS and HTML.
6. Knowledge of site optimization in regards to web development.
7. Adobe skills or similar for image optimization and scaled images.
8. Can manage multiple website projects at one time, with the willingness to do so.
9. Good customer facing skills, with the ability to listen and to establish rapport, to ask the right questions, and to quickly establish specifications from non-technical people.
10. Team-oriented. Ability to work in a team with graphic designers, marketing specialists, testers, etc. to deliver a quality website.
11. Solid prioritization skills with understanding of critical path, and the ability and willingness to balance several ongoing assignments.
12. Responsiveness – this is critical, such as when a customer’s site malfunctions.
13. Accountability — absolutely necessary.
14. Ability to work with minimal supervision, with a team and independently.
15. Value learning and growing, working in teams, and working with a range of clients in diverse industries.
16. Nice to have skills but not required:
Functional skill with, databases, queries, scripts.
E-commerce platform knowledge, such as ticketing & registration systems, payments systems, shopping carts.
Potential to lead and / or mentor an associate developer.
What is needed from you:
Resume (cover letter optional)
Must have portfolio or list of recent work, which we can look at.
The salary or hourly rate is negotiable and commensurate with knowledge, experience, and the market.
Must be a US Citizen or currently living and authorized to legally work in the United States.