Design & Build Scrolling Website From Supplied Content & Clear UX Documentation
PLEASE PROVIDE A COST QUOTE, QUALIFICATION SUMMARY, AND RELEVANT SAMPLE WORK BASED ON THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
GENERAL SCOPE OF WORK: This is a WordPress visual design and build of a scrolling site that is 1-page + a content form and an application form to be used by people applying for jobs. The UX, UI, and content are all clearly articulated in the linked documentation. It is critical that the designer/developer has the talent and very sophisticated aesthetic sense combine the components into a beautiful and appropriately styled design. Controlling details of the way that the site displays will be very important, including the responsive break points of specific elements, a dynamic “typing” headline, and seamless looping playback of supplied MP4 files hosted by the client on Vimeo.
WEBSITE AUDIENCE is primarily technology application developers.
DESIRED IMPRESSION is that this technology platform is a revolutionary breakthrough to empower the application developers. Part of the impression must be that this platform comes from elite and longstanding expertise in this technology. Therefore, the style of the design should be somewhat understated—something that would come from a top-tier provider, and not a startup or B2C company.
LINKED DOCUMENT WITH CONTENT, UX, & UI: Use this link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DXlSAHkE8cvMng3vI7cxEDqs6jrhEC5D/view?usp=sharing
DETAILS: Please carefully review the linked documentation, which provides a detailed UX and UI plan, including most content and functionality. Please also check the links in the document. It will be essential that the design and build interpret the document for the best possible end result, without departing substantially from the document. Clear communication with the designer/developer will be essential to ensure that the document is not over- or under- interpreted.
EXAMPLES OF DESIRED VISUAL DESIGN AESTHETIC (this merits discussion)
EXAMPLE OF A SPECIFIC WORDPRESS THEME WE LIKE: https://my.studiopress.com/themes/business/
IMAGES & VIDEOS WILL BE SUPPLIED
PROCESS & SCHEDULE:
(1) Phone call to discuss project details and questions—Within 3 working days of decision to hire;
(2) Provide at least 3 WordPress themes that will accommodate the specified UX, UI, and functionality, as well as the appropriate aesthetic style—Within 2 working days of kickoff call;
(3) Create mockups for key views of the visual design—Within 5 working days of WordPress theme selection;
(4) If necessary, create new mockups of the visual design, according to client input—Within 4 working days of client input;
(5) Using the selected theme, design and build a 75% complete working WordPress prototype of the website for client review and testing—Within 5 working days of mockup approval;
(6) Incorporate consolidated input to revise, refine, and complete the build—Within 4 working days of input on 75% build;
(7) Incorporate any additional input and perform final implementation of all necessary plugins, integrations, and other final refinements to prepare for launch—Within 4 working days of input on refined and completed build;
SCHEDULE TOTAL = 27 working days + time for client input and approvals (can be some flexibility for specific reasons/needs)
(a) We would like the MP4 videos (hosted by the client on Vimeo) to automatically begin playing when they are in the viewing area of the page scroll. They should run from edge to edge across the full width of any browser window. There should not be any user controls and no framing or appearance of an embedded video player on the website (for instance, see here: https://youtu.be/emL9dkijfZY).
(b) The dynamic text that we want on top of the looping embedded video should have an effect where a displayed word is deleted and a new word is rapidly typed (for instance, see here: https://youtu.be/1v2cJRMQ3rI). The dynamic text should be editable from the WordPress controls.
(c) There will be a separate “We’re Hiring” page containing a form for applicants to begin the evaluation process. Responses to the form will be fed to a specific client email address. This page should also have the option of displaying posted positions as blog-style titles and summaries that each link to a page with the full description of the available position and application process.
(d) There will be a separate “News” page with blog-style display of title, image, and summary of each news story. This page should be linked from a drop-down or hover menu that comes from the “Company” tab of the main nav bar.
(e) There will be a separate “Contact Us” page with a basic form for entering First Name, Last Name, Company (optional), Email Address, and Subject. Form responses will feed to a specific client email address.
(f) There will be a separate “Legal” page with text content under the title “Terms of Service”. This page will only be liked-to from the footer.
(g) The sticky/scrolling header should be stay at the top of the subsidiary pages described in (c), (d), (e), and (f).
(h) All pages will have a footer that contains a links to each page described in (d), (e), and (f). There also may be additional text or links in the footer.
APPLICANTS WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED IF THEY PROVIDE ALL OF THE FOLLOWING:
(1) A clear cost quote for completing the entire project;
(2) A clear statement of relevant qualifications and experience;
(3) Samples of relevant websites that the applicant has personally designed and built.
PLEASE APPLY THROUGH JOBS.WORDPRESS.NET ONLY.