The Website Specialist will be the primary creator of products and events for purchase on AILA’s Agora e-commerce site. Person will work closely with other departments to ensure items are up-to-date and posted in a timely manner. They will also service as the primary person responsible for maintaining the website of the Immigration Justice Campaign (IJC). The Immigration Justice Campaign is a collaboration between the American Immigration Council and the American Immigration Lawyers Association. The Justice Campaign is a broad-based project to activate a community of lawyers (and other volunteers with supporting skills) to defend detained immigrants facing removal and to advocate for due process and justice for noncitizens targeted for immigration enforcement.
This role will post materials, manage functionality and features, and provide support to the Campaign team for updating the website to reflect the Campaign’s latest work. The Specialist will also assist with user “help desk” support for internal and external audiences of both AILA and the IJC.
This position has access to confidential information, and therefore must function in a professional and confidential manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
AGORA CONTENT MANAGEMENT: CREATE AND UPDATE OF PRODUCTS AND EVENTS ON THE AGORA E-COMMERCE PLATFORM; GENERAL MAINTENANCE OF ECOMMERCE WEBSITE.
USER TECHNICAL SUPPORT: MANAGEMENT OF INQUIRIES SENT TO GENERAL WEBSITE EMAIL BOX.
IMMIGRATION JUSTICE CAMPAIGN WEBSITE MANAGEMENT: FORMATTING IN HTML/PDF AND POSTING OF ALL MATERIALS TO IJC WEBSITE. MANAGING TECHNICAL PLATFORM TO ADD NEW FEATURES AND TOOLS AND CONDUCTING GENERAL WEBSITE MAINTENANCE.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position assists the Online Services department with other technical projects as needed.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Four-year undergraduate degree OR equivalent with minimum 2 years-experience working in a technical position.
KNOWLEDGE (acquired information necessary to do job, kind of knowledge required for the job).
- Working knowledge of HTML coding and CSS
- Working knowledge of WordPress
- Working knowledge of E-commerce platforms
- Working knowledge of Content Management Systems
- Familiarity with AirTable and MailChimp a plus
SKILLS (position-specific learned activity).
- Understanding of the business importance of providing exemplary customer service.
- Outstanding and effective communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Capacity to develop a working knowledge of association products and services.
- Capacity to provide timely response to requests for information, service and/or assistance.
ABILITIES (position-specific talents; potential to perform tasks or functions – e.g., ability to communicate verbally or in writing).
- Demonstrates attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ability to learn and apply new technology knowledge to assigned work.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and/or in writing with staff, members, vendors, and management.
- Ability to develop basic understanding of the types of legal documents and legal jargon of database material.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with members, customers and end-users.
- Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment and initiative and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to remain calm, be patient and use reason – even when dealing with difficult personalities.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, manage competing demands and use time effectively.
This on-site position is for our National Office location in Washington, D.C.