Old City Web Services is seeking a web developer knowledgable in all areas of the WordPress CMS. The ideal candidate should have a high level of experience in hand-coding web sites using PHP, HTML, MySQL, and CSS for site customization. For consideration candidates must be able to take supplied Photoshop files and code them providing knowledge and support, so that web sites optimally work on both desktop and mobile platforms. The ability to customize WordPress plugins including Woo-Commerce to meet our clients specific goals is a must.
The developer should be comfortable making minor design decisions during the development phase with an eye for detail in layout and usability. The position requires time management skills and the ability to handle multiple projects to meet given deadlines. Our diverse environment not only includes development of WordPress CMS sites, but also maintaining existing web sites in various languages including PHP, HTML, Cold Fusion and X-Cart e-commerce sites. Therefore, ability to troubleshoot fix and modify these existing site will receive special consideration.
Resume and samples of WordPress coded sites and your role in development required for consideration.
Full time position. 35hrs per week.
Looking for applicant in the North East Florida area
?This is an IN-HOUSE POSITION ONLY! COMPANIES RESPONDING TO THIS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.?
This position has a 90 day probation period.
- Passion and drive to do what it takes to research and solve problems independently.
- Ability and patience to explain technical issues, options, and proposed solutions in non-technical terms, both within the team and to clients.
- Experience with coding websites for use with WordPress from supplied PSD file.
- Expert-level knowledge of hand-coding websites using HTML, PHP, and CSS.
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility and web standards.
- Knowledge of custom mobile site design.
- Familiarity with coding designs for use with Woo Commerce or other eCommerce software.
- Experience with using Linux server and Microsoft’s IIS server environment.
- Comfortable in PC environment?• Knowledge of Photoshop
Special Consideration If (but not required):
- Knowledge of X-Cart.
- App development experience a plus
- ASP knowledge.