Axle Informatics is a scientific research and information technology company that offers innovative computer services, informatics, and bioresearch solutions to research centers and healthcare organizations around the globe. With experts in software engineering, bioinformatics, molecular research, and program management, we focus on developing and applying technological tools and scientific techniques to empower the world of research. We work with some of the top research organizations and facilities in the country including multiple institutes at the National Institutes of health (NIH), which means candidates will be receiving the best on-the-job training possible in this field.
Axle Informatics is currently seeking to hire a Jr. WordPress Developer to support our work onsite at the NIH. The ideal candidate has a thorough understanding of the WordPress platform as well as general web development standards and best practices. Strong front-end web development skills, an eye for design, organizational skills and adaptability are crucial to success in this position.
- Design, develop and extend custom WordPress solutions to support unique client needs
- Customize WP Admin for data input, build custom widgets and leverage third party plugins
- Strategize and perform data migrations from other web platforms onto WordPress
- Provide end-user WordPress technical support, instruction and troubleshooting
- Perform routine updates to WordPress core, plugins and other dependencies
- Monitor and analyze existing sites for opportunities for improvement and optimization
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary project stakeholders to ensure requirements are being met
- Test all new and existing sites for performance, scalability and browser compatibility
- Ensure compliance with all coding standards and Web Accessibility (508) mandates
- Stay up to date on the latest community trends and make recommendations to the team
- 1-3 years of experience creating responsive WordPress sites from concept to completion
- Working knowledge of WordPress theme development including the template hierarchy, custom post types and taxonomies, custom loops, actions, filters, and PHP functions
- Experience administering multisite networks, individual sites, users, permissions and settings
- Experience developing with Advanced Custom Fields (ACF) and other well-known plugins
- Experience with source control systems such as Git and Github
- Knowledge of general best practices in web development, security, and scalability
- Experience converting visual designs into clean, commented, valid templates
- Meticulous attention to detail and a keen understanding of UI, UX and web design patterns
- Should be a clear communicator, a self-starter, an open collaborator and deadline-oriented
- You’ve been introduced to Gutenberg, and you’re getting along just fine.
- Knowledge of Agile Methodology and project tracking tools such as JIRA
- Experience in WordPress plugin development
- Familiarity with Docker, WP CLI, Rest API, and package managers (NPM) and task runners (Gulp)
The diversity of Axle’s employees is a tremendous asset. We are firmly committed to providing equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will not tolerate any illegal discrimination or harassment based age, race, gender, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, status with respect to public assistance, and other characteristics protected under state, federal, or local law and to deter those who aid, abet, or induce discrimination or coerce others to discriminate.