Full-time remote position with opportunity to grow
Tall Projects provides digital services to membership organisations and associations.
Business is growing. I need an experienced software engineer to architect, develop and maintain an increasing set of WordPress websites for membership organisations.
About the role
The role will involve:
The architecture, development and optimisation of non-trivial WordPress websites, integrated with various third-party systems.
– Building front-end components such as forms.
– Developing supporting software to enable our clients to succeed, e.g. AWS Lambda functions; Zapier integrations.
– Ownership of the development, testing and deployment of your code.
This role requires significantly more than installing and configuring WordPress and plugins. It is essential you have strong software engineering skills and the ability to apply those to meet the needs of users.
Tall Projects’ technology stack is based around the following tools:
– WordPress websites for content management, member joining/renewals/self-service and transactions. Our WordPress builds usually include:
— Bespoke design and theme development (including Gutenberg blocks)
— Gravity Forms (plus various add-ons)
— Custom post types/taxonomy
— Custom-developed plugins (e.g. for SheepCRM integration; client-specific requirements)
– WP Engine hosting, with changes deployed via git
– SheepCRM as the membership data system
– Mailchimp for broadcast email
– Stripe for card payments; GoCardless/EazyCollect for Direct Debit payments; Xero for payment via invoice
– Zapier and AWS Lambda to support additional workflows / integrations
This is a permanent/long-term remote working opportunity. Location is not important provided you are able to work productively during UK business hours.
Minimum commitment is 30hrs per week. Package and terms are negotiable. This could be an ideal opportunity for those with childcare or other commitments.
Closing date for applications is 9am BST, Monday 19 April 2021.
– Deep knowledge of the WordPress platform, ecosystem, coding standards and how to extend WordPress correctly with bespoke code
– Strong understanding and experience of OO PHP programming within WordPress
– Experience with our preferred plugins and technology stack
– Experience of creating bespoke WordPress themes, plugins and plugin add-ons from scratch
– Ability to code robust, fault-tolerant integrations against RESTful APIs
– Rigorous testing, including cross-browser, cross-device, end-to-end workflows
– Fluent written and spoken English
– You have reliable IT and a fast internet connection that you are able to maintain yourself
– Exceptional eye for detail – data precision, performance and accuracy are important to you
– Super-organised with the ability to prioritise multiple tasks effectively
– Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
– Confidence in researching your own solutions and being able to justify your decisions
– People, processes and outcomes excite you just as much as (if not more than) the underlying technology
– Appetite for learning and continuous improvement
– An interest in building the business together and delighting our customers
– You thrive in a professional family business culture, and you know what that means
About Tall Projects
Tall Projects is currently just me plus a few trusted freelancers who deliver specific task-based work such as website design.
The company is a commercial operation with strong people-focussed values:
– Relationships over transactions
– Outcomes and impact over inputs
– Life-enabling, not life-consuming
– Opinionated yet adaptable
– Do what is right for the customer
More details: https://www.tallprojects.co.uk/WordPress-developer/
Application form: https://forms.gle/4cgJb2vktfS9ZfMA6