The University of Hertfordshire wish to recruit a dynamic, highly skilled & qualified graduate to design and build a new web product with Indigo Tree. This is a one year fixed-term contract to start, with a strong likelihood that Indigo Tree will then make the position permanent.
Together, we’ll create an innovative digital product that integrates with and extends WordPress, with a focus on accessibility, digital inclusion, and usability. The role would suit a web developer who is interested in expanding their skills & employability by moving into a product and client-focused role.
The successful applicant will be required to regularly visit our offices in Tring, Hertfordshire, according to the needs of the project. Otherwise, this role can be a remote position for UK-based people.
About Indigo Tree
Indigo Tree is a website design and development agency with expertise in digital solutions, content creation and SEO (search engine optimisation) for businesses, schools, and agencies across the UK. We provide a strategic and well-rounded offering – from business and brand strategy to experience-led design and technology.
Fundamental to our whole being and behaviour is integrity, which is born out of our passion for technology and business, and an enthusiasm to deliver the best results for our clients.
As a KEEP+ Associate with the University of Hertfordshire, you will work with Indigo Tree to embed new know-how through this innovative project using research and academic support from the University. Apply your degree through real work and springboard your career. KEEP+ is an ERDF funded programme that focuses on helping small/medium enterprises develop new products or services that drive growth and job creation.
- A BSc/BEng in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering, or a related subject (or equivalent qualification).
- Professional and/or personal experience of open-source software, and/or content management systems.
You’ll also need:
- Experience with writing themes or plugins for WordPress, or familiarity with PHP frameworks.
- Understanding of modern web development technologies/best practices (e.g. HTML5, CSS, Git).
- Strong written verbal communication skills.
- Proactive approach to planning work.
- Ability to consider problems and find unexpected solutions.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Direct research on user requirements, and be expected to effectively and continuously engage with several stakeholders to identify user requirements, and use their technical expertise to build the product.
- Have creative freedom to suggest changes and involvement in developing the project plan.
- Develop your skills in User Requirement analysis and understand how that feedback impacts web development.
Direct problem-solving activities and your own learning.
- Gain continuous support from your academic supervisors and project team.
Who you’ll be working with:
Reports to: Indigo Tree Engineering Director.
Works with: Product Owner, QA (Quality Assurance), Developers.
What’s on offer:
- Salary: £25,000 – £32,000+ per annum, depending on experience, qualifications, and skills.
- 25 days annual leave + 8 public holidays.
- A £500 personal training budget for further professional development and attending conferences.
- University of Hertfordshire will pay into your pension.
- Flexible working options; Indigo Tree has a lovely office in Tring, Hertfordshire, and the university are in the de Havilland campus in the University of Hertfordshire, Hatfield.
- A positive, supportive atmosphere!
- Perkbox: monthly discounts on restaurants, cinema, and retail stores.
- Apple equipment provided.