We are looking for a Technical Writer to produce high-quality WordPress documents that contribute to the overall success of WPMU DEV products.
You will join an outgoing and expanding team of talented tech writers who work collaboratively with all areas of the company to make our products easier to use.
The person we’re in search of will have intimate knowledge of WordPress and experience using a broad range of plugins and themes. Knowledge of our products and services is definitely a bonus, but not essential. We’re also keen to hear from people that have experience in crafting plugins or tinkering with their code.
WHAT DOES A TECHNICAL DOCUMENT WRITER DO?
Technical writers are skilled wordsmiths that develop product manuals, website help sections, how-to guides, journal articles, and other documents that break down technical information with ease and accuracy.
The ability to compose clear written instructions is imperative!
Your mission? To make processes easy to understand and products a breeze to use.
Whether you gained these skills academically or are self taught – we would love to hear from you.
* Proven working experience in technical writing of software documentation.
* Ability to create high-quality documentation in perfect, clear and engaging English that’s super easy to read and understand.
* Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable using text and images.
* Strong working knowledge of WordPress.
* Someone that wants, and can commit to, a 40-hour workweek.
WHY SHOULD I APPLY?
* Very attractive working conditions as part of an amazing team
* Up to 35 days paid leave per year
* Opportunities for paid travel to attend WordCamps and other industry conferences
* Long service leave with a whopping 3 months off; and it’s all paid
* Up to 2 months’ payroll bonus based on company growth
* Technology budget every three years
* Yearly productivity budget. Buy a new chair or desk, take yourself to WordCamps and develop professionally, grab a gym membership to keep you in good health or anything that helps you be you!
* The ability to write in perfect, clear English is essential in this role. We are unable to consider applications that fail to demonstrate a high level of written communication.
HOW DO I APPLY?
We believe in giving people a chance to show us what they’re capable of, rather than a formal interview where we all awkwardly sit around a table, smiling and nodding.
Send us over a copy of your CV, along with a covering letter telling us why you’d love to work for WPMU DEV (and why you think you’d be a great fit) along with two or three examples of your finest literary creations.
There’s also a little task we’d like you to complete.
Please include a covering letter that details your current level of WordPress knowledge & a copy of your CV.