At Uncanny Owl, we help small businesses build world-class elearning and automation solutions for WordPress. Over 35,000 websites use our products to deliver elearning and no-code automation.
As a WordPress Technical Support Specialist, you’ll be responsible for coordinating and resolving support requests from customers of our 8 WordPress elearning and automation plugins. You will work with our support and development teams to ensure the successful and timely resolution of requests that can often be quite complex.
To be considered for this position, you must have significant expertise with WordPress and supporting WordPress plugins.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- 3 years of experience or more working with WordPress and WordPress plugins
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English
- A proven history of tracing plugin conflicts and issues
- A strong command of WordPress best practices and plugins
- Excellent comprehension of HTML and CSS
- A history of working on WordPress projects with WordPress developers
- Strong leadership capabilities with the ability to take charge as needed
- Bonus points if you have experience with any of our plugins, LearnDash or integration tools (e.g. Zapier, Integromat, IFTTT, etc.).
- Triage incoming support tickets and assign them to appropriate team members
- Troubleshoot straightforward tickets that don’t require developer support
- Coach and onboard team members, including other support staff and developers
- Test issues and fixes locally, both for support tickets and product releases
- Help the support team and developers managing fluctuating workloads
- Communicate with the team using online chat, video and audio channels
- This job is a full time (35 hour weekly) position. Our team is based in Toronto but everyone works remotely.
- Candidates in Canada are preferred, but we are happy to consider people in other locations with the right skill set.